Skip Navigation


I.D. is needed when you go to vote.

You only need to have 1 acceptable piece of I.D.

Your I.D. must be either an original, certified or notarial copy and show your name and qualifying address.

Since the adoption of Ontario Regulation 304/13, the following is the only list of acceptable identification (I.D.) that is required in order to have your identity verified.

Your Voter Information Card cannot be used as a piece of I.D.

Remember to bring 1 piece of I.D. showing your name and qualifying North Bay address.

If you don't have acceptable I.D. you will be asked to come back to the polling station with one prior to receiving a ballot.

Types of acceptable identification showing name and North Bay address:

  • Ontario issued photo card, driver’s licence or motor vehicle permit (vehicle portion).
  • Cancelled personalized cheque, credit card or bank account statement.
  • Utility bill for hydro, telephone or cable TV, water, gas or a bill from a public utilities commission.
  • Cheque stub, T4 statement or pay receipt issued by an employer.
  • Statement of direct deposit for Ontario Works or Ontario Disability Support Program.
  • Property tax assessment, income tax assessment notice, Child Tax Benefit statement.
  • Mortgage statement, lease or rental agreement.
  • Transcript or report card from a post-secondary school.
  • Document showing campus residence, issued by the office or officials responsible for student residence at a post-secondary institution.
  • Any other document from the government of Canada, Ontario or a municipality in Ontario or a document issued or certified by a court in Ontario.
  • Any document from a Band Council in Ontario established under the Indian Act (Canada).
  • Insurance policy or insurance statement.
  • Loan agreement or other financial agreement with a financial institution.
  • Statement of Employment Insurance Benefits Paid T4E.
  • Statement of Old Age Security T4A (OAS), Canada Pension Plan Benefits T4A (P), Canada Pension Plan Statement of Contributions.
  • Workplace Safety and Insurance Board Statement of Benefits T5007.
  • CNIB card or a card from another registered charitable organization that provides services to persons with disabilities.
  • Document showing residence at a long-term care home under the Long-Term Care Homes Act, 2007, issued by the Administrator for the home.
  • Hospital card or record.

If you are a person on the voters' list but do not have proof of identity and proof of residence you will be required to complete a Declaration of Identify (Form 9) at a voting location prior to voting.