- The fee charged is for the use of the parking space only. Parking rates are subject to change as approved by Council. Rates are posted as quarterly. More information may be found at northbay.ca
- The City of North Bay assumes no responsibility for the theft of a vehicle or its’ contents or damage to the vehicle while parked on this lot.
- The authorized parking permit must be displayed from the inside rear-view mirror when parking in your assigned lot.
- Vehicles not displaying a current monthly tag will be ticketed.
- Availability of parking stalls in the assigned lot shall be on a first come, first served basis. If a parking stall is not available, you are not required to pay for parking outside of the assigned lot or park in a City owned parking lot that provides long term parking, call the parking office immediately to inform them and provide your license plate number. Enforcement staff will confirm that capacity has been reached in your lot and if so, will avoid issuing a parking ticket to your vehicle for that time.
- Payment must be received by the fourth working day of the next quarter. If by the fourth working day of the next quarter, the city has not received a request for cancellation and payment has not been received for such rental, it will be deemed that such rental is not required and the space will be cancelled or re-assigned.
- Refund of monthly parking will be processed only after the return of the rental tag and for full months only. Partial months will not be refunded.
- Transferring of lots - The refund will be only for full months.
- The City may terminate the use of any or all parking spaces upon providing a minimum of 30 days’ notice, in writing, which may be delivered in person or if by mail, shall be effective within 3 days of being mailed.
- If lots are closed due to construction, maintenance or municipal/private events, the city will provide alternate parking with appropriate notice given to parking customers.
- No person shall park in a municipal parking lot between the hours of 12 am midnight and 6:00 am November 1st through March 31st. The exception to this is levels 1- 4 in Lot 4, the parking garage on McIntyre St. West, designated areas in Lot 2 and areas designated for overnight winter parking by the Parking Supervisor.
- If you require a replacement tag, you will be required to pay the pro-rated value of the quarter unless your parking tag’s serial number is identified, and if so, a replacement tag will be provided at a charge of $10.00. Serial numbers change quarterly. It is important to note that clients who receive multiple rentals tags are responsible for managing the distribution of their rental tags and their respective identification number.
- Customer Service must be informed if a permit is to be associated with a motorcycle. The license plate of the motorcycle must be supplied to register the motorcycle and prevent receiving a ticket.
Lot 2 rentals only:
- The front, three, easterly rows of parking along Oak St. are signed as ‘No Monthly Rentals This Row’. These are reserved for hourly clients only. Lot 2 rental tags are not valid for this area.
Lot 4 rentals only:
- Parking tags reading ‘Levels 3, 4’, or ‘Levels 5, 6’ are to be used only on the levels indicated.
- Rental clients must be aware of vehicle height restrictions in the parking garage at all times. Ice and snow build up can change the height of access points. The City is not responsible for damage to vehicles as a result. The City is not responsible for alternate parking arrangements should your vehicle not meet these height restrictions.
Lot 7 rentals only:
- The front two rows of parking along Worthington St. are signed as ‘No Monthly Rentals This Row’. These are reserved for hourly clients only. Lot 7 rental tags are not valid for this area.
Lot 10 rentals only:
- Lot 10 is closed every Saturday for the Farmers Market from May to October. There will be no overnight parking Friday nights during this time. Vehicles will be towed at the owner’s expense.
Lot 11 rentals only:
- The front row along McIntyre St. and the west row closest to Wyld St. are signed as ‘Public Parking This Row’. These are reserved for hourly clients only. Lot 11 rental tags are not valid for these areas.
Overnight Parking Bans:
Overnight Parking bans are in effect November 1st to April 15th. By-Law 2014-037, as amended prohibits the parking of vehicles: In the Downtown Improvement Area (DIA) from 3:00 am to 6:30 am; On blocks containing Cul-de-sacs and dead-end roads from 3:00 am to 8:30 am; All other streets from 3:00 am and to 7:30 am; On any city street where snow removal signs are posted and twenty-four hours of a snowfall during the period November 1st to March 31st both inclusive.
By-Law 2011-234, as amended, Part 7 prohibits the overnight parking of vehicles on any Municipal parking lot between the hours of 12:00 midnight and 8:00 a.m. with the exception of: Lot Oak 2 & Wyld 13 (designated areas only) with purchase of overnight winter parking pass. $5.00 flat rate from on-site ticket dispensers, or areas designated by the Parking Supervisor. Lot McIntyre 4 (Parking Garage), Levels 1 - 4 which is free year round from 4:30pm – 8:00am.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact Customer Service
by phone: at 705-474-0400 by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal information on this form is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used to process your application for parking. Questions about this collection of personal information should be directed to the City Clerk, 200 McIntyre Street East, North Bay (705) 474-0626 ext. 2510.