Overnight on-street parking bans are in effect Nov. 1 to April 15. In all municipal lots, overnight parking bans are in effect from Nov.1 to March 31.
By-Law 2014-037 prohibits the parking of vehicles:
- in the Downtown Improvement Area (DIA) from 3 a.m. to 6:30 a.m.
- on blocks containing cul-de-sacs and dead end roads from 3 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.
- all other streets from 3 a.m. and 7:30 a.m.
- on any city street within 12 hours of posting snow removal signs and 24 hours of a snowfall during the period Nov. 1 to March 31 both inclusive.
By-Law 2011-234, Part 7 prohibits the overnight parking of vehicles on any municipal parking lot between the hours of 12 p.m. midnight and 8 a.m. with the exception of:
- Lot Oak 2 (designated areas only) with purchase of monthly rental pass for overnight winter parking, or
- Lot McIntyre 4 (Parking Garage), Levels 1 - 4, which is free from 4:30 p.m. until 8 a.m. and weekends and holidays year-round with no pass or permit required
- areas designated by the parking supervisor.